22 March 2009

Civic fail

I've discovered the "delay post" feature of blogger. Hence, I can impose some order onto my Blitzkriegs.

Every once in a while, they have these commercials -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYFn99TGjg

I'll admit, interesting premise. But 36 mpg highway? How is that a selling point? I looked up the engine sizes on the Civic - 1.3L to 2.0L, all I4 engines (inline 4). The civic is a crappy vehicle. All the other Honda models are orders of magnitude better (except for Fit and Element, god damn)

I only say this because...

BAM!
34.6MPG


That's me, driving back to Plano. Average speed - 69mph. Mileage - 34.6 (it climbed to 35.2 as I was merging onto US75).

So, having a slightly larger car, with a 2.4L V6 and a significantly faster pickup, I can still manage 33+ mpg everytime when I'm on the road. Thank you, 7 speed transmission.

Come on, Honda. Step up your game.* Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Honda.

One more thing, see that "C" next to D? I was leaving TMC the other day and I decided to take the long way around, changed from 'Comfort' to 'Sport'. At 3AM.

It was legendary.

*: Meaning, roll out the FCX already. I will buy this when it comes out.

No comments: