07 July 2010

You can tell a lot from...

The inside of someone's fridge. I borrowed this idea from a friend who had a pretty atrocious [inside of a fridge] situation. Yes, Varun, I'm talking about you. I would post pictures from his atrocious fridge, but I don't have permission. Yet. Get some real food, dude. Let's take a look at mine!





Done guessing what they all are? Labels below. 




(click for a bigger picture)

I know what you're thinking. What the fuck is argula and why does this clown have it in his fridge?! Well let me tell ya:

Eruca sativa (syn. E. vesicaria subsp. sativa (Miller) Thell., Brassica eruca L.), also known as rocket or arugula, is an edible annual plant. It is a species of Eruca native to the Mediterranean region, from Morocco and Portugal east to Lebanon and Turkey. ... It is used as a leaf vegetable, which looks like a longer leaved and open lettuce. It is rich in vitamin C and potassium. It is frequently cultivated, although domestication cannot be considered complete. It has been grown in the Mediterranean area since Roman times, and is considered an aphrodisiac. ...It has a rich, peppery taste, and has an exceptionally strong flavour for a leafy green.

Now you're probably thinking - Damn, did I just get told?

Yes. By Chef D.


(Chef D likes to hide his face from the public.)

Actually, towards the end of medicine they had this vegetarian sandwich with cranberry sauce and spinach and it was hella awesome. So I decided I would make a sandwich with cranberry sauce (and argula) and it was epic:



Your final thought - Why does D have a glass of whiskey next to his sandwich? The sandwich is for me, the beer, not whiskey (Samuel Adams, because I cannot stand beer as it tastes like shit) is for the fruit flies. They love it. Ahh, sweet death. 

My final notes:
  • I love marmalade. Is it obvious?
  • I got that apron from Ikea. Manliest apron I could find. 
  • Argula is fucking expensive.
  • That white splotch on my plate is mayo.
  • Mrs. Bairds Honey Oat bread is pretty damn good.
  • I went to Kroger and saved $6.18 using my card. Total bill : $18.44. That's 25% off.
  • There is another honey dew melon, some oranges, a few potatoes, and a few zucchinis in my vegetable drawer below.
  • I'm a pretty bad cook.
  • Tomorrow's lunch is going to be epic. 

Now if only I had better teeth. (To be fixed soon!)

No comments: