07 May 2005

This world hates me.

I've come to a distinct conclusion that Entropy = -Karma (yes, negative karma). At this moment, there is no way to balance anything.

Let's look at a couple of dervations of this.

Entropy is always increasing, and to make dE/dt = 0 or (-), energy is required.
Therefore, -Karma is always increasing, to make d(-K)/dt = 0 or (-) -->

-dK/dt = (-)
dK/dt = (+) energy is required.

I swear, all this because I haven't gotten into JPNF506 yet. (First Year Japanese I for Summer first session).

Oh and another note, I kinda realized this sitting in the library with Tiffany until 4 in the morning, top 15% of girls are considered aesthetically pleasing, which comes out to be something like 3 billion (0.15) = 450 million girls. And that's just looks. Obviously, we need a better selection factor, notably, intelligence. This is a rough number (no age constraints, etc).

Let's look at that, shall we? top 2% of intelligent girls = 60 million girls.
Out of 60 million, the one I need has to be around 17-19. Let's say about another 2% of girls hit this category. (N = 1.2 million). Now we consider looks, keeping in mind that most good looking girls are on the bottom end of the intelligence spectrum. The bracket necessary now is around top 5%. Meaning that top 5% of intelligence girls are equal to top 20% of all women (if you're smart, you're 4x more likely to be ugly).

Applying 5%, N = 60,000. SIXTY THOUSAND. (all over the world). Now for probability.

Number of girls I have contact/exposure/characteristic rating access = roughly 30,000.

30,000/3billion = 0.001%
60,000 times 0.001% = 0.6

Being extremely generous, lets make 0.6 --> 1.

So there is someone for everyone. (in my case, anyway).

Sorry for all that math.

2 comments:

piotrrcola said...

haha. fk that.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing you haven't got in the Japanese class... All the calculations made me sick, though. lol I mean, I just don't like math, using numbers, haha.

Hi, PolarisAustralis! You're Dev's sister?? Nice to meet you, too! ;-)