02 May 2008

I bring it

That, is a foreman grill and some chicken I cooked up using it (after slathering it with barbeque sauce). You know in The Cask of Amontillado where the Montresor says "Oh, you will not die from a cough!"? This is very similar. This picture is foreshadowing of things to come. Now that I've conquered meats, I only have veggies left before I start categorically owning everyone who has ever tried to cook.

By the end of this summer, of course, after being trained by the best, I'll bring pwnage like you have never seen and conquer the cooking world in mere weeks. This is the beauty of 4 years of masochism in the Physics department. Biology/Chemistry/ME/BME/cooking/life becomes easier. Just continue doing the dance, albeit at a much slower pace, that has been beaten into you through seven upper division physics courses.

Now all that's left is for me to fill the tenure-track position.

Oh, today is the last undergraduate class day. I have one more hour of lecture at UT. Pretty awesome. Am I sad about leaving? No. Stop asking. There is no point mulling over the inevitable. UT is nice, but I need to move away from a city that isn't going anywhere.

I've actually realized that I don't even belong in Texas. The spineless idiots at UT administration would rather expand the stadium than aggressively pursue building a medical school on or near campus. Apparently, the expansion will bring more money. I've heard things like "oh the extra money will go into research", just like the extra money from the last expansion, right? There is no end to want of money. Break the cycle and actually add some valuable prestige, please.

I was thinking about perhaps helping fund an endowed chair at UT, but now I'm thinking, a school doesn't place research and academics as first priority at all times doesn't deserve money. I haven't even started on the players themselves. Most of them are recruited, borderline mentally retarded law-breaking individuals who are forced to go to class to confer some legitimacy to the "student athlete" idea.

Please. Stop kidding yourself, take those protective pads off (don't worry, there are plenty more where they came from - the savage pool is unfortunately abysmally deep), and let those savages at each other. Keep the survivors in cages. I am lacking in entertainment on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Better yet, why not start growing Marijuana? As far as I know, football/basketball have ruined more lives than weed. Whore-houses make a lot of money too! I'm sure with austin's sexually liberated populace, we would not have a hard time filling it.

In other news, I am looking forward to moving to a better place (Plano, and eventually a good apartment/condo) and away from the shithole I currently live in. Some breakers flipped the other day and I had to get someone to come and fix it.

No comments: