01 April 2005

Gmail and Other Stuff

April 1 2005: Gmail introduces "Infinity + 1" storage plan. Sounds like the real deal, but for all we know, it could be one of the biggest April fools joke ever.

Therefore, I bow down today and call Google god. [Even this post is owned by Google].

I thought that I'd eventually reach a barrier in terms of deleting email [gasp!] but apparently, my used space percentage is getting smaller as we speak. Interesting concept, because I was due to run out of space in about 4 years (at the rate at which I'm going). At the end of the day, my space will reach 2GB.

Google has now owned Yahoo, and will continue to do so in almost every aspect.

So in effect, I have created this hierarchy:

[Google, Gmail] > [Heavy Gmail users (me!)] > [Scant Gmail users] > [Yahoo, MSN, Hotmail, etc.]

But why? Why give so much space?

And you thought Microsoft was going to take over the world.
Au contraire, mon cherie. Au contraire.

In other news, I'm sitting here for a speedvac to finish drying my samples so I can start PCR. And praying to Google (which I just realized.. may be some form of Buddha incarnated).

No comments: