15 October 2006

Profile? Profile.

I was thinking, since I just upgraded to the new (google-email) based blogger, now would be a good time to update my profile as well. Then I realized that few people read it and the ones that do, I don't really want them to read it. So the profile stands. I added a little bit though.

Today has been one of those very horrible days. If you recall, the last horrible day had a 3 hour productivity 'blackout' session where I was hunting for a Tae-Kwon-Do uniform in the hot texas sun.

I woke up at noon today, having slept around 9 hours. Actually, scratch that. I really woke up at ~7am when two alarm clocks went off, so I could get ready for tutoring at 8am. Well, I got an email that she can't make it and I thought it would be totally awesome to sleep and get paid for it, so in a bout of stupor, I did. Note how stupor sounds like stupid.

I pranced around in my fairy-land until noon, periodically waking up, looking at my alarm clock, telling myself "Oh that thing doesn't say 11am, you're just hallucinating! LCD's say different things from different angles!" and then going back to sleep. In a way, waking up late on the weekend is a little hypocritical in my mind; why should the weekend be any different than other days?

The other day, someone was giving a presentation in Japanese and they presented Wierd Al Yankovic's "White and Nerdy" music video. There was this part in the music video where a bunch of pagans are dancing in front of an equation, one that I readily identified as Schrodinger's equation. Is it just me, or does that have some meaning behind it?

I bet it's a really awesome meaning.

Taken from dictionary.com

Nerd:

1.a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
2.an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.

Geek:

1.a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken.
2.a peculiar or offensive person, esp. one who is perceived to be overly intellectual.
3.an expert in computers (a term of pride as self-reference, but often considered offensive when used by outsiders.)

Dork:

1. a stupid or ridiculous person; jerk; nerd.

Although the biting of the heads thing is hilarious, please pick wisely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I prefer this definition.

geek: (2) a person often of an intellectual bent who is disliked
- webster.com

So, let the hating begin. Thanks again for the cake, bastard.