03 December 2006

The calm before the storm

Everyone's seen the movie Twister and probably all you can remember is that cow flying in front of that pickup truck. Think a little harder and remember when the barrel was full of the little sensors and the tornado was about to swoop across it? That's where I am.

I've been walking around listening to my iPod when all of a sudden "Love so Pure" (Puffy) started playing. I think I have listened to this song at least 20x within the last 2 days. What a great song! Naturally, I feel completely comfortable saying that because 1) They're totally hot, so whatever(Ami more so than Yumi) and 2) I'm totally NOT gay.*

Yes, it's very short and has little substance, but there is something to be said about the cautious yet perfected ideal the song embraces.

Finals coming up. Finals. It's what separates the men from the boys, the wussies from the strong and most importantly, the hippies from everyone else. Aha! I bet you didn't see that coming. Open your eyes for the inactivity they spew and ears (for the reasons they will embellish!) and enjoy the moment.... f***ing hippies.

As for me, there is less than 200 hours left in Austin for me and this is cause for celebration. The countdown begins! 200 hours later and I will be (momentarily) retiring in my castle. But before that, there is homework to be done, MATLAB code to be written, tests to conquer (me).

I shouldn't post Ted Rall's cartoons everyday, but I liked today's:


It certainly feels weird explicating a Jpop song. Now excuse me, I must go silence the drunks outside.


*: Related to events that occured today. I normally would not proclaim this.

No comments: