06 April 2006

Some serious stuff.

Today, I was in the mycology room in lab, happily jacking bandwidth and working on my write ups when the janitor comes in to get the trash. I look up and quickly look back down. I've seen that guy many times over the last 2 years, but I just realized it --

That guy was in my math class! He was around 60 something years old too!

I felt bad for him. Life is really harsh for some people. How come his children don't take care of him? Kinda puts things into perspective as to how things are. I mean, I don't even have student loans to worry about or anything.

This guy is 60 years old and paying his way through education by being a janitor. That's very respectable. A lot of people would give up by then, but this guy hasn't, even if life has thrown him a curveball.

Anyway. I hope he gets what he wants. Also, it is rather inspiring. If I could, I'd stay in school forever. The real world is harsh.

I was going to post pictures today, but I feel this is a more pressing matter. I was going to try to talk to him, but I didn't feel right.

悪かったね。

でも、彼は優しい人だ。


Well. I've got to get back to work. This world is a difficult place, but I'm sure I can make it better - that's the idea these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

deb! hi.