09 September 2005

An update... or something like it..

I'm trying i'm trying!

Wednesday afternoon: I went back to Plano on Greyhound.
Thursday morning: INS Stuff
Thursday afternoon: Went back to austin on Greyhound

During the bus, there was this kid sitting next to me, and I got curious. Here is excerpts from the conversation we had

Me: So why is the sky blue?
Kid: Because God made it that way.
Me: What about the trees?
Kid: Because God made it that way.
Me: What about the soda stain on your shirt?
Kid: God made that too...

Me: If you saw "God", what would you ask him
Kid: I'd ask him to help me find my mommy.

After this, I felt bad badgering the kid. Apparently he had been fleeing the flooding in Louisiana, and came to Dallas, and now is going to San Antonio to live with family. He didn't know what happened to his mom, or where she went (after the flood). I didn't press for details.

Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Kid: A football player
Me: What if you don't get drafted?
Kid: A basketball player
Me: What if you don't get drafted for any sport?
Kid: A doctor..

[hell yeah].

And so I'd like to add doctors to my list of "Things that rock"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute kid. I hope he finds his mom and that she's alright. It's so horrible. How old did he look?