21 November 2005

Well..

I have done absolutely nothing over the last 2 days. I think this "thanksgiving fever" is starting to set in.

I saw a chinese guy with a beard today. Yes. Once in a blue moon....

Also, I want to note that, [especially if you're premed], YOU CANNOT LIVE LIFE MEMORIZING CONCEPTS. And don't all come complaining to me. Life is not that easy.

That being said, I just want to say that I've seen a fair share of examples today of people violating this precept.

I think some of you have heard this from me before, but the next 100 years is going to be crucial. Not only for you, but also for the rest of man. Many of us are within 100mi of a nuclear weapon, and probably not that far from people that want to destroy you..

Not only do we have the power to destroy ourselves, but there are people in the world that would be 'happier' if you died. Yes, they're in the Middle East. [No, probably not all of them are there].

I want to stress this because I discovered today, that there still exist people that condone the use of nuclear weapons against civilians... and then when I "oppose", I'm considered "biased".

Well sorry for being biased towards the human race.

It is important for those of us getting an education in technical backgrounds to be keen on these issues, have a strong (and benevolent) stance. Sorry, biology and business majors, you guys are pointless when it comes to deciding matters of national security.

As well as most of the liberal arts people are pointless as well. [Probably business and apparel design are the lowest, in the Confucian hierarchy of virtue as well].

So not only is it important to get a good grip on what you're studying, but also what you think of controversial issues, and get a cultural education. History is littered with instances of miscommunication and lack of understanding.

Just so you know, the next person to condone thermonuclear weapons [and actually has a fighting chance of making a decision of the sort] is going to die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tsk...tsk...pessimistic and controversial...
but not hardcore
try harder