03 March 2006

Night of free food and oof - I am so full.

It all started last Monday. Cynthia invites me to VSA, and I see the March Masti flyers everywhere. One thing in particular catches my eye - FREE FOOD.

So it's decided. Me and Mr. Chan, hitting up VSA.

We show up in VSA and they mull around for 30 minutes; nothing happens. Then.. someone says "FREE FOOD IN BUSINESS ATRIUM". Omg.

We made out of there like lightning. Free food in atrium. When we got there they marked our hands so we wouldn't come back for seconds. Ok.. I guess that's fine. After filling (half filling?) our stomachs, we run to VSA for more food.

At VSA, they hand us plates of noodles, shrimp, tofu, chicken(I think..lol), and egg rolls. After eating in VSA, we make a quick exit, and head for the business atrium ONCE AGAIN.

When we get there, we have to wash our hands, because hello?, they marked it... Mine comes off instantly. INSTANTLY. Unfortunately, Mr. Chan's marks do not come off so easily. Hence, he does not get additional food.

Also.
I AM GENETICALLY BRED TO OBTAIN FREE FOOD.

I quickly go back there with my fresh hand and obtain a mark and another plate of free food.


...


I almost feel bad now. Almost.

--

Also, Robert saw a guy who looked like Vivian Lee (Jonathan's sister)!
A GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE VIVIAN LEE.

Even the facial expressions were the same!

lol.
\
I found this link yesterday:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

I will now post some highlights.
  • They’re relatively low-maintenance. Most can be fueled on pizza, Twinkies and Mt Dew. No complicated dinners needed here, so if you’re not the best cook, eh. Can you order a pizza?
  • Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet. Plus, if he doesn’t want to go someplace with you, you won’t have to worry much about what he’s up to. You’ll probably come home to find him asleep on his keyboard in a sea of Mt. Dew cans with code blinking from the screen. It’s ok. He’s used to this. Just toss a blanket over him and turn out the light.
  • His friends aren’t jerks. I can’t stress this enough. You’ll more likely get “Omg! A GIRL!! Can I see?!” than “Hey hot stuff back that ass up here and let me get some grub on...” They’re awkward geeks too and will, 9 times out of 10, treat you with the utmost respect and, more than likely, a note of awe. A cute girl picked one of their clan to date? It could happen to them! Hope! Drag some of your single girlfriends over, open up a pack of Mt. Dew, crack open the DnD set and get working. Nothing impresses geek guys more than a girl who can hack-n-slash (well ok maybe if she can code... a geek can dream). <-- this part is true.
  • They’re usually very well educated. Physics majors and the like. See #5. You won’t have to listen to him blathering on about his car (ok maybe a little), he’ll have loads of other interesting things to talk about. Politics, world events, how much the chicken burgers down at the local place rock, so long as you douse them in hot sauce...

YES!! YES. See that last one? So awesome. Now go read the rest of that link.

I think I'm an interesting button to talk to. That is, when I feel like talking to people. Oh, and email will always be responded to, but voicemail? snail mail? .. probably not.

No comments: